You must be wondering why such a horrid title on such an exquisite day, a day when all the people around the world are celebrating love, sharing it and spreading it all over.
My name is Bill and it started about three and a half years ago. Yes, I fell in love too, three and a half years in the past from now. There was this girl named Tashi (it’s a combination of her two different names).
Falling in love with her was a strange coincidence. Love is indeed strange. The first time I met her was at her place with my friends. I had been to VaishnoDevi and she had asked me for offerings to god. I did exactly the same and went to her place to give her the prasad. When she came out, I was mesmerized with her beauty. Her hair was unbraided and to me she seemed like a mermaid in her yellow top. On my way to college, my friends kept on asking about her. I hushed them.
Things just fell in place then and in a knack of time of knowing each other we were together in a relationship. She was my first love and the feeling, Surreal. The strangest and the coolest thing in our relationship was that we never dated out, except for a couple of times. I always used to visit her place and meet her there itself. I was happy that I could see her so I didn't mind it at all. Since she was studying in an engineering college outside the city, I used to visit her place only when she was in town.
One fine day she complained to me, "You never give me flowers?"
A few days later when I met her I gave her a bunch of roses. She was exulted and I was happy to see her beaming.
We went through such wonderful experiences in life. I went out of touch with my friends, not because I didn't want to talk to them but since I was glued to the fact that Tashi was the most amazing part of my life. I was so lost in the awe of her presence that I lost touch with all my friends. Life was on a roller-coaster ride and months lapsed. Not every couple is perfect and so weren't Tashi and I. We started on fighting, from petty issues to bigger ones. I never imagined that she would leave me, for I believed so much in her love that it never did let me, even to think about us falling apart. We went through breakups umpteen number of times but I always knew that we wouldn't stay apart for long. We always used to fight, stopped talking to each other and eventually after a few days of discontent, were together again. This brought me even more closely to her and made my love for her even stronger. I got addicted to Tashi and by now she was my drug.
A year had passed; my university exams approached and shook me from Tashi's exotic fragrance and the most pious feeling of love. But it wasn't enough; I appeared in the examination with least preparation. I was immature, stupe and in love. I was in Delhi when my results were about to be declared. Even Tashi and I were going through a rough patch. I had been to Delhi to redeem a gift that my sister had won in an MTV contest, a fully paid trip to Dhanaulti, a place near Hrishikesh. On the eve of the start of my trip, my results were declared and eventually I flunked. I was broken, discouraged. I immediately called up my dad to tell him what blunder I had committed. Instead of scolding me, he told me not to worry about it and rather asked me if I still wanted to carry on with the trip. I could not; I just could not, I knew I didn't deserve it, so I dropped the plan. The second call that I made was to Tashi, for she was the most important person in my life after my family. I told her that I could not clear the examinations. At first, she couldn't believe me but my damped voice assured her of the fact. She reminded me that she had already warned me about it, and then she asked for my plans. I didn't have any clue as I did not know. After talking to her for another two minutes I hung up the phone. I couldn't look into my sister's eyes.
One day later I decided to come back to Lucknow. I told my sister that I would catch a train from New Delhi station, but went to Ghaziabad since Tashi's college was close to the city. I went straight up to her; due to depression I had already caught fever and was being asphyxiated. She took me to the coffee bar and I got a cup of coffee there but couldn't drink it. She told me she would not talk to me for next six months. I ascertained her that what had happened will not happen in the future. But I guess she had already decided. A few days hence after I reached Lucknow, Tashi broke up with me. I broke apart, wanting to cry but was deprived of tears and in pain. For next fifteen days I was in bed, down with fever. I had gained a feeling that this was for real but still I didn't give up pleasing her. Again and Again, I tried to convince her to come back to me, but fate had ordained and her will prevailed. My mermaid left me and went back into the sea.
I kept on looking for one way or the other to get her back. I bought her gifts (which I never did before) and when I did that, she questioned me
"Why now? You never gave me gifts when we were together."
"I never thought you would leave. I have spent all the money that I had, Please come back." I looked at her expecting her to forgive me.
She took my gifts but didn't accede to get back in a relationship with me. I couldn't help thinking about her. Months later I came to know that she is in a relationship with some Punjabi boy in her college whom, her classmates believed looked like me. I felt betrayed and cheated. I said all the mean and horrendous things to her that I could. Certain horrid things, which could make anyone, feel disgusted. I went through the trauma and succumbed myself into studies. I scored 15% more than my last year's percentage. My family was happy about it, especially Dad.
I decided to move on in life then. By fall of next year I met another girl in my college. She was going through the same phase that I had already been through a year ago. We went into a relationship but I couldn't give my love to her. It was due to her that I could understand Tashi now. I decided to be friends with Tashi and contacted her. Besides, I left the other girl in my college broken apart and I feel sorry for what I did to her.
It is me now after going through so much and doing all the good and bad things together, sitting here in my room and enjoying my singleness. I just wished Tashi a "HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY" and she told me how she relished the valentine's eve with the love of her life. I'm happy to see her happy in whatever way she is and delighted to know that she still has someone to give her love to.
For me, this is the Death of Valentine as I'm sitting here all alone with no date for today. Just to mention,
I am alone but not lonely.
P.S. I LOVE YOU :-)
P.S. Sorry for the long post, I just kept on writing and didn't realize it.
no disclaimer!!!
ReplyDeletei expected one for this.
An Honest Reflection !!
ReplyDeleteYou kept the balance throught out !
Simply the best confession i've ever read !
cheers
hmmm i like the timing of the post, and abt this post which seems more like a confession , well it teaches a lot about things "strictly not to be done".......
ReplyDeleteand the best and touching part of this post is the saddest phrase ever.....
"death of valentine"
@ sarim : Assume yourself buddy :)
ReplyDelete@ amit: thnx
@ Vidhi: m glad u liked the title :D
thnx fr ur lovely comments guys !!
omg!!!!
ReplyDeletethat was like out of this world.
awesome!!!