Saturday, June 25, 2011

Smoking Ugly

I started walking tonight,
With a kretek in my hand.

I smelled it and lit the match,
and put it on my lips.

The flame kept fighting with me,
I burnt the kretek's tip.

And as I dragged it, my heart feared.
the sweet taste on my lips smeared.

The smoke went inside,
through larynx, into my lungs.

It tasted so good,
my head swerved, my heart jumped.

I dragged another puff,
I started laughing to myself.

Someone come and rescue me,
Wait! I don't need no help.

I looked at the red tip,
seeing it burn into ashes, I felt.

Is it the cigarette,
or my life burning to hell?

I closed my starry eyes,
and went into flashback.

Am I not the person who I was?
or was I not the person who I am?

The early days were better,
but until when?

It's time to move ahead,
my life has just begun.

I threw the kretek right then,
my thoughts saved me today.

Lying on the ground it burnt,
angry and in dismay.

1 comment:

Networked Blogs