Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Urge - Part 1


"Why were you looking at her?" He questioned me furiously.

"I wasn't looking at her man, I swear to God!" I rebuked.

"Oh, Ok. In that case, I am really sorry." He apologized and started to return to his girlfriend (or perhaps may be wife.)

"To be honest, I was looking at her ass, nice cute rounds." I winked at him, cunningly.

Bam!!!

A punch, right across my face that is all I remember of that day. Next, when I opened up my eyes was in a hospital ward with a glucose drip pinned on my arm.

I did remember arguing to the fat guy(most intimidating biceps I ever saw), that I was born with two eyes and I have a right to perceive things and enjoy the delicacies of life and nature. And yes, he did try to hit me back but I was later on told that I went unconscious right after the punch and the guy was pulled over by security, a hell of a dream. The guy dropped by two days back to apologize but I was asleep.

"Wait, what? Two days?" I went startled, "I've been unconscious for two days?"

"Three days...", looking at her watch, "...and 8 hours, to be specific." Ira, my most loving friend, replied (friend indeed, not girlfriend as you may think.)

"3 and almost a half day? I am surely not that weak. You know that Ira." I took the support of our subtle intimate coalescences.

"Of course not.." She smiled and winked at me.

"...You had shed too much blood. The bleeding must have caused weakness in your body and on top of that, all this morphine and antibiotics. Docs had a notion that you might sleep for another 2 days."

"Are you kidding me? Huh!" I obnoxiously questioned her.

However, to my dismay, she did not reply. It was altogether a different show of Ira's body language. She seemed uncomfortable.
I flee off my bed to her, my legs were numb and I limped. She ran towards me and held me..

"Don't...” she said in a disturbed voice.

"Why?" I questioned her before she could even finish her statement.

"The doctors said that you could go into coma..", tears started to roll off her face and I could feel the intensity of her concern.

'I am an asshole', I said to myself watching Ira shed tears. I know she didn't want to lose me, neither did I. We had something in our friendship. There was a bond we had developed over the span of our acquaintance and I did not realize that, for Ira, it had changed into love.

"I am sorry Ira." I murmured.

"You are the last person I'd want to lose in my life." She revolted and hugged me hard.

I could feel the warmth of her body and breath. Ira was a bomb and was an allure to anyone's eyes. My friends were jealous that I was friends with her and often pushed me to get into a relationship with her. She plunged her 32C into my chest and my hand automatically rolled over her buttocks as usual. Her embrace was strong and somewhere deep inside I did not want her to leave me at that moment.

However, I knew I did not love her and wanted a lot from my life. I wanted to be big and famous. I held her but in fear. Fear, that I might hurt her and it would be intentional for she hadn't disclosed her feelings for me but deep within I knew that she had fallen in love with me.

"I love you." I said not wanting to hurt her anymore. Trying to be responsible enough and willing to lead my life on the path she chooses for us.

"I love you too Abhay but you cannot just go into eve teasing other guys' girls. It's inappropriate." She managed out of my clutches and looked into my eyes.

"If you just wanna have sex, we can find someone for you but promise me you'll never do anything like this ever again." I started to think, 'What is she saying?' I could see her eyes questioning me, seeking an answer.

"What can I say Ira, I just did it for fun. Do you think I am that desperate?" I tried to sway her.

"I've been your only friend for 7 years now. I know you more than your parents do." She continued staring at me.

"No, it isn't like that. It's different, I've been kidding around all the time. You know that sweetie."

"Oh! Are you? I am so skeptical about that." She confronted me with the truth and I was baffled. I had nothing to say and was standing in front of her ashamed at myself, in despair.

"I am sorry." I blabbered.

"That's a nice way to apologize. You should be apologizing to yourself. Try and think what you really want to be in life. Don't throw your life away." She was going ballistic on me.

"I know what I want to do. Don't judge me..." I revolted, "...I don't want to be somebody's expectation and live my life at their expense." In a flash, I was back to square one. The ambitious Abhay.

"Abhay, I know you're very talented and smart. I adore you for that but I don't want you to die because of all your ruts. You need to grow up." Ira smartly caught hold of my Achilles' heel. "You're the only person I have whom I can deeply trust. At times, I ponder upon the question that I might lose you and that day would be the saddest in my life."

'Knock Knock...

2 comments:

Networked Blogs