Abhay, a delhi based womaniser, lands up in a hospital while eve teasing a man's girlfriend. However, after being prostrate for a couple of days he goes into an argument with his best friend Ira (who is in love with Abhay.) Abhay realizes Ira's love for him but wants more from life - Fame and Respect. What's next in Abhay's life? Is he going to throw his aspirations away and lead his way into love or is he going to hurt his best friend's feeling and trust? Find out below -
'Knock Knock...' It was my dad's knuckles that knocked my wardroom. I made out from the sound on the door.
I had to make a decision.
'Knock Knock...' It was my dad's knuckles that knocked my wardroom. I made out from the sound on the door.
Ira and I together looked towards the door wondering if our conversation was compromised.
"May I come in, my rockstar?" Dad inquired.
"Hi Dad! Please don't embarrass us." I smiled at him still thinking if he heard us.
My dad was one gem of a person, rarely found. A business tycoon who always had something running on his mind. There wasn't a single minute when he was not working. The glare in his eyes was one reasons for me being so ambitious. He was my idol, my role model. The most intelligent, cool and daring man I've ever met. Every time I had a moment in my life that had confused me, my dad would have an answer to it. The best part was that he always had time for me despite of him being such a busy person.
"Are you two having fun?" He came up with his usual comment. He always had a knack of teasing Ira and me whether or not we are doing anything.
And I replied with my usual, a bit manipulated though, "Yeah! dad, what's better than having fun in a hospital. It has always been my fantasy."
"Just keep the sheets clean Rocky." He bursted out making Ira uncomfortable.
Even though dad had a notion that Ira and I had experimented with our sexuality together, he wasn't too sure. So, he'd tease us so that he could get some juice out of it but his coccus attempts always go in vain.
Even though dad had a notion that Ira and I had experimented with our sexuality together, he wasn't too sure. So, he'd tease us so that he could get some juice out of it but his coccus attempts always go in vain.
Dad walked up to Ira, "How are you sweetheart?"
"Good as always uncle, how are you?" Ira hugged and gave a peck on my dad's cheek.
It was something she always did and I had always adored. These two people showing love to each other. Even though dad used to tease Ira and me on our face, Ira knew he had a clean heart and have always respected him for being himself and not a phony. The moment these two hug each other has always been mesmerizing and serene for me. It was magical because it was pure and had no deceit involved.
Dad came up to me, opened up my still-black-eye with his hand, "This should take another week I guess, how are rest of the things? I've been visiting consistently but you just didn't want to wake up. I guess your friend has more powerful connection with you than I do. So, here we are."
"All is fine dad."
"Your dad has been worried Abhay. Everyone attached to you have been." She scornfully gazed at me.
"Ok enough, I am alive. Don't make me feel as if I have resurrected."
All three of us started laughing in unison.
Dad took a deep breath and held me by my shoulders, "You'll be fine rockstar. You're my boy."
"I'm sorry dad. Never ever..." My words made him turn his steps, he stopped as if he would turn around and say something to me but then walked out of the room. I could see his eyes reddened. It was the first time I had seen him in such a state. I realized I had seriously made an obnoxious mistake.
I looked towards Ira, she whispered, "I told you."
I was sad. Ira left the room knowing that I needed a time out. She always used to leave me alone in my desperate times for she knew that I required solitude to get over the dingy feelings. She also knew that if there would be anything still bothering me she would be the first person to be conversant. Such was our friendship.
I was sad. Ira left the room knowing that I needed a time out. She always used to leave me alone in my desperate times for she knew that I required solitude to get over the dingy feelings. She also knew that if there would be anything still bothering me she would be the first person to be conversant. Such was our friendship.
Dad had startled me and doubled my concerns. I was already thinking about Ira and now dad being sad. I just could not take it. There were two things attached to it -
A. I cannot discuss Ira with Ira.
B. I had seen dad sad, for the first time in my life, and only I had to change it.
I had to make a decision.
3 hours and 37 minutes later, I finally decided what to do about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment