Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another day on train...

When i entered the train, i was blotted in sweat.The first lesson i learnt, on my first journey on the first night right after my last graduation exam, was -

"Be responsible"

I had almost missed my train, thanks to the traffic and i didnt miss my train at all, thanks to poor Indian railway system. We all know how punctual our trains are and how they never get late. However, it was their same habit that saved my ass tonight. As I entered the coach all eyes were glued on me. I looked up in the mirror that had a hazy reflection and one could barely recognise himself in that, I found out that not only i was perspiring as if i was stranded in a desert but my clothes were wet as if I had just taken a bath. I took possession over myself and looked at my berth- S2/19 , thanks to a friend who got my 165 waiting confirmed, courtesy his dad. A guy barely 26 was already sleeping there. I took a deep breath and cerebrated that i will have to do this as well, get him out of my bed for the night. I patted his shoulder to wake him up.

"Is someone there?" Shashank asked me from outside the train.

I nodded in affirmation and looked at the guy again. He acted as if someone had waken him up from a solid sleep, I said to myself,
'Yeah, this is the initiating point of the train, it just got here 30 minutes ago and you are already in such a sedative sleep.'

"This is my berth." I said to him.

He behaved as if I was being humorous. I repeated my words again.

"Can I share the berth with you?" he asked me with eyes full of hope.

"Sorry?" I felt like I have been travelling without a ticket.

"Can I sit while you sleep?" he questioned me again.

"I have quite a luggage with me dude, Sorry but I don't think I can help you." I replied with a straight face.

He left my berth with despair. Looking him in despair I wondered why God put us in situations where he have to deject people sometimes. May be he tests our will from time to time. I certainly didn't win a point there but it wasn't my fault as well. I had so much luggage with me that I had to some bags on my berth. Seeing his dejection I only hoped he gets a seat to survive the night.

The second lesson I learnt on the same trip was-

"Learn to compromise"

The lights were out by half past twelve, normally my time to start watching a movie but i was tired like a cow who had worked all day in the sun. After all that running my dad,shashank and I did with seven bags in our hand, it did feel as if we were running a weight marathon. I was for sure tired as hell. As I closed my eyes, I wished that a masseur comes and gives me a soothing massage that would make me as fresh as spring water. Suddenly I started brushing my feet on the steel net next to my berth. I felt the acupressure working. The pain started to sublime off my body. I continued the process for next 5 minutes, I felt relaxed.


So these were the two lessons that I learnt on my first journey after Engineering. The learning doesn't stop throughout our life. There are events in our life that makes us complete and that makes us truly. This was one of those incidents that are really special and make my life meaningful.

1 comment:

Networked Blogs