Abhay, a delhi based womaniser, lands up in a hospital while eve teasing a man's girlfriend. However, after being prostrate for a couple of days he goes into an argument with his best friend Ira (who is in love with Abhay.) Abhay realizes Ira's love for him but wants more from life - Fame and Respect. What's next in Abhay's life? Is he going to throw his aspirations away and lead his way into love or is he going to hurt his best friend's feeling and trust? Find out below -
3 hours and 37 minutes later, I finally decided what to do about it.
3 hours and 37 minutes later, I finally decided what to do about it.
"Ira...Ira" I shouted on top of my voice.
I waited for a while and shouted again, "Ira…"
The nurse quickly came running in.
"What happened?" She questioned me in shock.
"Where's Ira? Can you please call Ira?"
"What happened?" She questioned me again.
"Will you please call her for me?"
The nurse hurried out on her way to find Ira.
I kept waiting. The nurse didn't turn up again. 15 minutes went by. I shouted again,
"Nurse..."
Another nurse succumbed to my shouts and came in - "She went home to freshen up. Will be back in an hour or so." She told me in a bitterly tone and lashed out.
Another 2 hours went by and I was losing my patience.
Finally I could hear Ira chattering with the nurses outside of my ward. I got my grip back.
I bursted on Ira as soon as she entered the ward -
"How could you leave me?"
"I just..."
"What just? You don't get to leave me Ira."
"What? Don't I get to take a bath just because you're hospitalized? I am neither your mom nor your wife. You should be thankful that at least of all people I am here." She came back at me.
"So now best friends shit is done, is it? You wanna be my wife to be around me, huh?"
"Shit. That's what it is for you. That's how you treat everyone around you, right?"
"You're misunderstanding. It's not shit for me. You just need to be with me."
"Well you just said it." Ira expelled herself out of the ward.
I felt really sorry for being a dick yet again. Even though I knew she'd be back before dusk. I just wanted to share my decision with her. She's always been the first to know.
Ira did not return that day. I tried her number multiple times only to find it switched off. Anxiety and medicines were killing me.
I texted her - "Come back soon, not feeling good. Sorry."
The message didn't get delivered. I kept waiting for Ira's call and didn't realize when I dozed off again.
Suddenly, I woke up to my phone ringing only to find it was 11.15pm, figuring I slept for another 6 hours. I don't know if it were medications that were really strong or just me. I dug my head under the quilt and pulled out the mobile from my pocket, it was dad's call.
"Hello."
"Hey champ! You're alive." He chuckled.
"Yeah dad! Your responsibilities aren't over yet."
"Well, I have responsibilities of a lot more people who work for me. Anyway, just called in to check if doctors aren't releasing you yet."
"Nope. I'm still here. Ira isn't here and I've been sleeping all day long."
"I know. I called 2 hours back and your nurse answered the call, told me you were sleeping. Believe me, her husky voice really made me want to come over but my meetings are keeping me occupied. If not for you, will come there for her as soon as possible." He started laughing.
"Dad! Anything else?" I was starting to feel frustrated.
"Nope. Have dinner and take your meds. I'll try to visit tomorrow."
"Fine. Bye." I hung up the phone.
I pulled my head out of the quilt to head for the washroom. As I slid sideways, I saw Ira sitting on the couch patiently with her legs folded and hands on her knees. She was looking at me. Watching me getting out of the bed she exclaimed -
"Where?"
There was an instant happiness around me. I started to feel better.
"Washroom." I smiled and answered.
She didn't smile back but I limped to the washroom with the happiness of her being around.
I took profound 3 minutes in the washroom. 1 to pee and other 2 minutes to smile, thinking about Ira. I was indeed lucky to have a friend like her.
"When did you come? I can't believe you switched off your phone." I questioned Ira while shutting the washroom door.
"My battery died. I didn't switch it off."
"You run on batteries?" I started laughing but soon realised I was the only one.
"I came around 2 hours back." She responded as I walked towards her.
"What? Should have woke me up."
She kept quiet.
I stretched my hand to pull a chair but she came forth and insisted me to sit on the couch with her.
I didn't say anything. A silence had caught both of us. She wrapped herself around my hand and leaned her head on my shoulder.
"Ira. I'm sorry." I finally broke the silence between us.
She was quiet.
"I'm joining my father's business. I've decided."
Ira let my hand go and stood straight but she was still quiet.
"I saw tears in my dad's eyes today. It's the last thing I want. I don't want to be the reason of pain and agony in his life. I'm the only family he's left with after mom passed away."
"What about me?" Ira said with a perplexed face.
"You're family too Ira. You have to take care of him after I move to Venice."
"Venice!" She exclaimed.
"Yes, Venice. Remember dad had ventured there recently. He told me that the city has a lot of potential but he isn't able to give it much time..."
"... I'm gonna take care of that and make sure he achieves his dream."
Ira nodded but didn't say anything further.
We stayed on the couch for a while until the nurse arrived with dinner and medicines.
"I really don't wanna eat this food. Can I just have medicines please?" I couldn't resist the expression looking at the hospital food.
"You can only if you wanna stay in the hospital for another week?" The nurse gave me a smirk.
She pulled the table next to the couch and laid the spread on the table. Mashed boiled potatoes, porridge and fresh cut fruits.
I hated fruits.
Ira stayed with me until I had finished my meal and made sure that I have taken all my medicines. She made bed for me and gestured me to get under the quilt. I followed her signal.
"You wanna hop in? I can make some space." I giggled like a girl.
"No. Take rest. I'll go home. See you tomorrow."
"Wait for a while at least." I wanted her to stay back
"I have to take care of some work. Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow." She responded.
She took her bag and left the ward. I kept staring at the door thinking if the idea of me going to Venice broke Ira but on the second thought, she said she'll be back tomorrow.
I picked up the phone and texted her -
"Good Night. :)"
"Good night." She texted back instantly.
I went on to break the news to dad regarding my decision -
"I'll go to Venice." I texted him.
5 minutes later, he responded, "Awesome."
I carried mixed emotions. I was happy that I was going to be dad's helping hand but I was also relenting thinking about Ira. I didn't know if I was making the right decision, only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment