Sunday, January 10, 2010

Desires...

I was just sitting a while ago when I realised that I made a blog yesterday and i promised myself that I will be maintaining the blog this time.
Then I thought, What will i write there...Right now I don't have anything to write..

Just then a thought came into my mind, "Desires".

Suddenly I realised that I have so much to write about.

I quickly put my thinking cap on and started cerebrating and I asked myself.

What are Desires?
What are they?
Where do they come from?
Why do they influence our life so much?
Why is it that Desires never end?

As long these questions were arising in my mind, I quickly Googled (Yes, We all do it) the word "Desire" and the first result was


The God of Knowledge on the Internet displaying a play of his immense power and yet again captivating my heart. As I read ...

"Desire is a sense of longing for a person or object or hoping for an outcome"

Right, but ain't this something we already know?

Desires, though Ephemeral (so now you understand why i named my blog) are yet so scintillating. A self-motivated person does so much to achieve what he desires. But in the realm of achieving his desire he forgets that what he longs for is just Ephemeral,Transient...It will not stay, as nothing is permanent in life. While a person slaves to accomplish his wants. he loses so much that he should have accumulated. Not necessarily is he going to achieve what he longs for, yet he learns so much in the process of trying. Trying is what gets a person going. Desires form priorities.

A want can be for anything be it Love, or Trucks of Money, or Passionate Sex, or Taking a Revenge, or A Great White Collar Job, or A House by the beach, It can be anything. A four year old might desire for a chocolate while a 25 year old would want to be a CEO someday. When a person achieves what he longs for, he is exhilarated but then new desires take over and he is on another mission.

Where do all these desires come from?

Well, the World is a park and everyday we walk through it. We see things, we hear things, we touch things and we Smell things, we perceive so much that what we see subdues our mind and body and produces Desires to attain them.


Why do they influence our life so much?

As the perception is so strong that once a desire is impregnated in the soul of a person, he becomes restless. The wants become a necessity. It has the power to transform people.

As life is a cycle, I believe desires also form a cycle. This cycle is of never ending desires. It's not about how we will achieve those desires but In the end what matters is that happiness what we achieve with that we desired.

6 comments:

  1. nice yaar.. thodi jada philosophy ho gayi bt..
    highly impressed by ur thoughts and styles :)
    itna sochne ki power kaha se aayi :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thnx Aanchal .. am glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one man, liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thnx 4 makin me read..very well written..amazing job..u knw wat ur writin is definitely appealing..but i still stand on my point dat desires n passsion go hand in hand and desires r meant to be fulfilled if it involves true passion..so its absolutely necessary to ve true passion fr fulfillin ur true desire..=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay shubhra.. like I mentioned on FB .. :-)
    I'm not forcing my perspective on any1..

    thnx for your opinion :-)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs