Sunday, January 17, 2010

Love @ 14

It stirred me up, when I met a series of fourteen year old girls one by one, all stuck in time with an illusion, an unheralded resolution of being in love.

Three girls...Nishika, Sravita and Preeti.

Nishika was the first, whom I had met on a social networking site by chance. She was the one who had been betrayed by the love of her life, Sujeet. He was her life, as she told me, but he had betrayed her. He had left her after making-love to her, but when he didn't even love her how could it be classified as Love-making? Unaware of the realms of love, she trusted the guy and lost her virginity to him. Her true and unconditional love for Sujeet had been embezzled and forged. The reason why I know all this is because she was shattered and needed someone to talk to. Someone, whom she didn't know and someone who would make her feel better, so that she is not disgusted by the mistake she has made. Though, she already was disgusted by the thought, and she was highly remorseful. She had made a mistake of her life and she will have to live with this ugly truth of her life. She, now hated Sujeet and I wondered if she was really in love or it was a mere illusion. A heedless thought of being in love with someone so ignorant that he doesn't even care about you. Love was at the mercy of her thoughts.

When I met Sravita, I thought she is just a small kid with weak sense of humour. She had come from Australia for her vacations here, for a month. I came to know her as she was a relative of my next door neighbors. First day was slightly ignorant, Mr. and Mrs. Sharma came to our place to introduce us to their relatives from abroad. The intention was more of flaunting their "Foreign" relatives than just an introduction. I was laughing deep inside, but couldn't resist from smiling.

"What happened bhaiya?", She asked me.
"Nothing, just feel like smiling.", I replied trying to control my thoughts.
"Mamaji is going out tomorrow since he is stuck up with some work and neither Mami nor mom knows how to drive..."

By this time I sensed a favor coming up. She continued,"...so do you mind showing me around?"
Before I could say something Mr. Sharma exserted," haan haan why not, why don't you show around the city to my niece while I am away?"
I looked at my mom and unwillingly acceded.

Since she being a 14 Y.O., I thought she must be interested in watching some old monuments around in the city, so I took her to the very famous Imambara in Lucknow. But she, on a spur of the moment asked me if there are any good discs in town. I was skeptical about her now and so I enquired, "Aren't you a little young for discs?"
"No, Bhaiya I go to discs all the while in Australia. I go there every now and then."
I thought, being 23 years old I have just been to a discotheque once and this lady who is just 14 visits this topographic point every now and then, What the fuck, I said to myself.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" I just cerebrated she'd be having one, if she goes to such a place.
"umm...I've had a few."

I was shocked to death hearing upon her words, I almost started to curse myself to have had only one girlfriend who left me for certain reasons. I got inquisitive and started to ask about her boyfriends. She wasn't shy and didn't mind at all in disclosing her secrets to me. Those weren't her secrets anyways, all her friends knew about it. After listening to the stories about her boyfriends, I was least hesitant to take her to the most renowned and the only disc lounge in the city. We were the only two souls in the lounge at the fourteenth hour of the day. She instantly ordered a Tequila shot and fuddled it. I being a non-alcoholic and a non-smoker glued to a diet coke. Shot after shot, she was hitting them like a skilled dancer practices his moves. Five and six, this was the time when I indicated the bartender not to serve any more liquor. But what kept my eyes wide open was that this girl didn't have any sign of dizziness and her eyes were crystal clear.

"What shit do they serve, it doesn't have any quality even.", she evidenced.
So right,I thought.

We went out after paying a vast amount of money for the liquor she had consumed. On our way back, she started telling me how she was tricked by her friend to lose her virginity but how she enjoyed it. There wasn't a tinge of repentance in her words. I kept on listening to her tales. She told me all the stories about her affairs and how she had managed to have sex a number of times in 14 years of her life. I envisaged her experience and pitied her for her ignorance. May be, it was the culture in which she had been brought up, that being the reason for all her doings and treacherous course she had trodden upon.

I didn't want to be with her anymore. The next day, without even seeing Sravita again, I took a flight to New Delhi.

When I reached at my brother's place, I didn't know that there's a conspiracy by god and I will have to face on another teenager. I met her on the lift. She smiled at me but I couldn't smile back at her since my recent experience with a teenager were spine-chilling. Days passed by and I was engrossed into my college project. I went to a cybercafe to check my mails and there I saw this girl again. I was reluctant to talk to her, but then she asked me,
"You live in our building, right?"
"What?", I tried to ignore her.
"Anand Towers, We met in the lift, the other day."
"My brother lives in Anand Towers, I've come for a vacation here."
"Okay. Hi! I'm Preeti."

After introducing myself to her, I tried to carry on with my work but she insisted my to sit beside her. I tried to turn down her proposal but she was adamant, so I had no option other than to sit with her. We began talking and the ghost I've been running away from.

"Do you have a girlfriend?", She asked.
"No, I'm least interested in making one."
"Why?"
"Its just my choice."
"Are you gay?"
"Mind your language kiddo.", I gave her a stern look.
"Sorry, I was just kidding.", She smiled at me.

What is wrong with this generation, Don't they have anything else to do or think about? Every time you talk to someone, either they'll talk about sex or boyfriends/girlfriends. I pity the generation.

I took my diary & left the cybercafe. I started visiting another cafe which was in the other direction and 10 Kms away from Anand Towers. One day, I had to visit the same cafe as the other cafe that I've been visiting was closed. As I entered the cafe, I saw Preeti using the same system, she was on the other day. She smiled and waved at me. To avoid the hassle, I straight away went and sat beside her.

"Hi!", she said.
"Hey, Kiddo. How are you?"
"uh.. am fine..you?"
"Good.", I looked at her screen while my system was booting.
"What do you do?", I asked her.
"IXth"
"I didn't know you were in school."
"We never talked, remember?", She gave me sarcastic look.

I was logging in my F******K account, when she started peeping on my side.

"Hey, you use F******K. Add me preeti.xyz@vmail.com"
"Okay.", I said as I knew I had no option.

After adding her, I took a look at her profile and saw the relationship status of this girl,

**In a Relationship**

I thought not again, but then it reminded me of Nishika and Sravita, so I asked her.

"You in a relationship?"
"Yes", She replied with a smile, "By the way, What do you do?"
"I am a final year engineering student."
"Too old for me, eh?", she was still smiling.
"Yes, and I thank god for that.", I gave her the most weird look I could originate.
"So, What do you do other than going to school and having a boyfriend at such a tender age?", I continued.
"Usual stuff, what other normal people do."
"Having a boyfriend at 14 isn't normal for me."
"Well, that time has gone. Now it is."

I looked at this girl to ensure that she is really 14 year old or not. I even pinched myself to confirm if I wasn't having a dreaded dream. No, I wasn't.

"Anything wrong with that?", she asked me.
"This seems like a Question, isn't?"
"Uh.. well, I don't know. I always get a Question out of a Question."
"That's why ..you are too tender, too naive for love."
"How serious are you for this guy?", I asked her,"I don't know you, I don't know him and am not going to tell him, so be honest."
"I'm 100% serious, but I don't know if its love, but its something.", she seemed confused.
"And you still tell him that you love him, right?"
"Obviously."
"So, isn't it a bit unfair to both of you?"
"Actually I do think it's love, but..."
"Funny", I interrupted her, "I disagree, you are just 14. Nobody falls in love at this age."
"Why? I don't think there's any age for love and I do think its love.", She
"Yes, that's the point. You think its love but you don't feel it."
"No."
"Yes. Even I was like you at a point of time. I used to think exactly the way you do right now, until I realized what love really is."
"Okay, Whatever I think I love him and I'm very happy being with him."

After hearing this, I knew this girl isn't going to listen to me so I stopped bothering. I narrated her the two incidents that had happened with me and told her to stay aware of the consequences of being in love at 14.


It really touched my heart, looking at the suffering that this generation is causing to itself. Love @ 14 can sometimes be dangerous to health and may leave you into a state of misery.






Disclaimer:All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs