When the hands of the clock struck 3 in the gleaming sun on an appealing day of April, three prankish monkeys decided to flirt with my neighbours, The Dhobi's. I named them Pinku, Naanu and Sonia not because I am quite fond of naming some random monkeys but since these name belonged to the children of my prerogative neighbour.
So all the three primates conspired against my good neighbours and since the Dhobi's lived on the first floor, they were the easy target. There laid a bed in the porch of Dhobi's where a packet of peas was lying. Pinku, Naanu and Sonia drooled over the pack of the peas. So they plotted the captivition of the peas.
Pinku took the charge of the situation and ordered Naanu to hop onto the balcony grill. Naanu quickly followed the order. One thing that was to be noticed that none of my Dhobi neighbour were in the porch, I guess everyone was on a prowl. Anyways, so by this time Pinku and Sonia went upto the pack of peas and opened it very carefully. Suddenly Pinku noticed that I was watching them from my rooftop. I smiled at Pinku and for a moment I felt he smiled back at me. He jumped in joy as if he got my approval to snitch the peas.
I continued to watch their act closely. Once Pinku and Sonia got hold of the peas, they were exuberated and jumped with joy. Naanu derailed from the balcony and ran upto his brother and sister to enjoy their newly succceeded meal. But this wasn't all, Pinku and his siblings had just started to enjoy the cheer of the party. Pinku stood up and moved on to the entrance of the house. He pushed the half bolted door and it opened like the Alibaba's cave door. Quickly Sonia jumped from one railing to the other and covered her brother. Right behind them was Naanu, he moved his two meter tail and swiveled it in the air. Pinku decided to enter Dhobi's house. As he went inside the house and his brother and sister were about to follow him, I heard a scream from inside the house. I knew my neighbours have had a tryst with the Monkeys. The next thing that I witnessed was Pinku (the real one), came out with a broom in his hand and was attacking his family replicas. This was the time when Sonia and Naanu realised that the time has come to leave the place. They quickly hoped on from one grill to the other and in a matter of time all three of them were on the rooftop of the three storeyed building. They walked one behind another feeling proud of their act.
As I was watching them go and smiling at the misery they had caused to the Dhobi's, my eyes struck with Pinku's (the monkey's) and I felt as if he winked at me. I couldn't control myself and I winked back at him.
DISCLAIMER: All characters appearing in this work are NON-FICTITIOUS. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely INTENTIONAL

nice one... 3 cute monkeys... the conspiracy proves monkeys are more brainy den humans.. lolz..
ReplyDeleteSo Much for a bag of peas...that's what makes Animals different...
ReplyDeleteI loved the 3 partners in crime and also the physical exercise they did post-heist :-)
loved d last part wen d monkey winked at u n u winked back at him....cool...n yaa i liked ur blog...:)
ReplyDelete@aanchal: Thnx
ReplyDelete@amit: you are right, special certain things makes every1 different be it a human being or an animal :)
@anu: hehe *wink*